- Have the main character of your last novel introduce you to our readers.
- This is Jennifer, she is the mastermind behind myself and my mate Fauxon. She’s nonmagical, not a shifter or anything cool like a paranormal so not sure where she comes up with the shit she writes. (Between you and me, some of the stuff that comes out of her head scares me! Have you met the professor??) Anyways, she’s a mom of three, works full time in retail, and writes so her imagination doesn’t drive her insane, that’s her in a nutshell, or at least how I see her. xoxo Morwen
- Without giving us spoilers introduce your latest and greatest novel or work in progress and let us know which it is and if it’s a WIP let us know when it goes live?
- My last book was in the Nightshade Guild: Magic Flawed. This is season 2, the first season the Guild had to protect the Elven princess for a month, now the mages have lost their powers and have to find a way to get them back and who took them in the first place. It came out June 24thi.
- What do you like best about your main character in your latest and greatest or WIP from above?
- Morwen was a bit self-conscious about her new relationship with Fauxon and moving in with him. But through their adventure getting their magic back, she sees how much he loves her.
- Tell us a little about one of your side characters from your latest and greatest or WIP?
- My current WIP is a horror story coming out in March of next year in an anthology. It’s a family who moves into a new house and the parents are finding they are losing memories…. The daughter is a teenager and I’m LOVING having a snarky sarcastic kid to talk through. The kind that would make a parent want to backhand them…. yeah… not really but you know what I mean lol.
- How did you come up with your idea for the above story?
- Actually my family had just moved into a new house and my middle child (16) called out to my oldest son (18) with a nickname. I said what did you call him? He said Gabberslack. I had never heard it nor had my husband. The kids claim the two of them and my niece/nephews all had nicknames for each other. None of the adults ever heard of them before, which sparked the story idea.
- What was your writing plan for this book or WIP?
- Writing plan? I just sit and word vomit onto the screen. lol
- How do you handle writer’s block?
- I swap book genres a lot and it really helps. When romance is exhausting, I swap to my serial killers, horror, or sci-fi. Then vice versa.
- Do you have a secret writing ritual and what is it?
- I don’t! I don’t hear my characters speak to me, I don’t need to use a special pen or anything. I like something on tv as background, shows like Criminal Minds or similar stuff.
- What is your writing snack?
- I love mini M&M’s lol
- What do you do when you’re not writing?
- Work full time at Ross clothing store, PA for other authors and READ like crazy.
- What is your favorite season and why?
- What is a season? I live in Florida and we really don’t have seasons. I love Halloween so I guess Fall or at least the idea of Fall.
- What is your favorite genre to read and what do you like about it?
- Dystopian! Especially YA Dystopian. I guess the survival aspect of the stories really draws me in.
- Do you have a writer’s mission statement?
- What is it? Write in as many genres as appeals to me and tell the story I love regardless of it being a popular trope.
- What do you listen to when you write? How does it help to put you in the mood?
- Typically 80s music I can sing along and it’s mindless or musical soundtracks lol.
JULY QUESTION OF THE MONTH
What event would you say changed your life?
This is harder, I think writing my first book. It was an anthology with some of my favorite author friends and we went to a sex club as our characters. Each of us took a kink but it made me remember how much I loved writing. I joke peer pressure started my writing career and it really did
SUMMER READING TREATS
I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM
KEEP THE FUN GOING SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
NEVER MISS MISS MY BLOG MAKE SURE YOU’RE SIGNED UP