- Have your latest main character explain your current genre and introduce you.
Julie L. Kramer is a young lady (snickers at the lady part) that writes fantasy for young adults, also known as people slightly younger than she is. She loves dogs and spends most of her free time watching movies or reading fantasy books about strong women with magic (and usually swords).
- Explain for your latest book how you came up with that idea.
My latest book is book 2 in my series about magical superheroes. I have always loved superheroes and I can’t seem to write about anyone that doesn’t have magic, so it just kind of made sense. There will be one more book in this series, and that is next up on my roster of things to work with.
- What is the point of view that you use and how many points of view do you explore in your latest book?
I write in first person past tense in all of my books because that is what I am most comfortable with, and this one is from the point of view of Calliope Vance, also known as the superhero named Prism.
- What special computer programs do you use to create your books.
Nothing special! I just use Google Docs, and then I use Vellum to format it.
- What’s your favorite attribute of your main character in your latest book?
I love that Callie is strong but also empathetic toward other people. Not to mention sassy!
- How do you deal with writer’s block?
Normally I stop writing for a little while and either read, listen to music, or watch tv. Anything to get my mind off of things.
- Do you have a YouTube inspiration? Who?
Mostly I just listen to music on Youtube, although I do like listening to videogame walkthroughs. My favorite for that is RadBrad. His voice is very unobtrusive and he doesn’t talk a lot while he plays, so I let the videos play in the background while I write, and then I watch the cutscenes for the video games because I love the animation/ graphics of them.
- What’s your writing drink of choice?
Normally water or sugar-free strawberry lemonade. I’m pretty tame.
- Do you have a secret writing ritual that you could share with us?
I don’t do too much special lol. Usually, I do video sprints with other authors to keep myself motivated.
- What do you do when you’re procrastinating and you should be writing?
Normally I watch tv or read.
- What food do you hate to eat but you eat anyway because it’s good for you?
Milkshakes! I’m lactose sensitive, so it kills my stomach, but I do it anyway. My favorite is strawberry milkshakes.
- What movie kiss scene makes you swoon?
I’m kind of hard to impress! The one that comes to mind right now is probably from Push, which is absolutely not a romantic movie lol. They’re in the bathroom kissing and he uses his telekinesis to push the door shut. I just really like it for some reason.
- What household chore do you try to get out of and what do you do to get out of it?
All of them! I am by myself, so I usually just ignore it until it irritates me and then do a frenzy of cleaning and then repeat the cycle haha.
- Did you kiss the Blarney stone? The Kissing the Blarney stone blesses the storyteller.
I have never heard of the Blarney Stone before now, so no!
MARCH QUESTION OF THE MONTH
What’s at the end of your rainbow?
NEW TO BUY
JOIN MY BLOG
JOIN MY NEWS LETTER GROUP AND GET A PEEK AT WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE A WRITER.