- Cheryl, What was the first story you ever wrote?
It is so long ago, I can’t even remember!
2. You are an extremely prolific writer with a number titles to your credit in two genres which genre is your favorite to write and is it hard to switch back and forth?
I now only write historical Christian romance. Previously I wrote contemporary romance as well.
3. What is your favorite novel to write?
It is really hard to say. Rescuing the Lawman is a favorite of mine, but I do love all my books. <grin>
4. What do you consider your most difficult scene to write in that novel?
The opening scene was difficult only in I had to make sure it was in good taste. The scene is the aftermath of a stagecoach robbery where people were killed.
5. How do you handle writer’s block?
If I can’t get the words out (which is rare), I’ll work on marketing and videos images etc.
6. What is your strangest writing quirk?
Quirk? Not sure I have those. (lol) But I don’t plot my books – they are all unplanned. I know very little about the story when I start a new book.
6. How long does it take you to write your first draft?
Usually 3-4 weeks. Some take longer some take less.
7. Are you a Plotter or a Pantser? Have you ever tried to write using the other method? How did it work for you?
I call myself an organic writer (pantser is so common – lol). I’ve tried plotting, but it feels like the book is already written.
8. What do you love to cook?
I love baking – cakes, muffins, pies etc. I hate the day to day meal cooking, and hubby does that, which is great.
9. Where do you get your news?
Mostly on the television.
10. What movie can you watch over and over without getting tired of?
Elf. I absolutely adore that movie!
11. Who do you go out of your way to be kind to?
Anyone and everyone. Kindness should be sprinkled around like glitter.
12. What’s the best practical joke you’ve ever played?
When our kids were little, hubby and I pretended to pull a block of chocolate out of the television. The kids were amazed.
13. When was the last time you got to say I told you so?
I say it often. Lol
14. If someone narrated your life who would you want to be your narrator?
Morgan Freeman. I absolutely adore listening to his voice.
December Christmas Bonus Question
What’s your favorite stocking stuffer gift you’ve ever given and been given?
Chocolate – always chocolate!
How can we get in touch with you and where can we find your books
FB Author Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cherylwrightauthor/