When I started my new Romance series I needed to come up with seven new romance ideas. I researched tropes and came up with seven ideas that way. Of course my ideas will change as I write each book. But I have a starting point for each book. The first book was a simple girl meets a boy who has the complication love interest that is a single parent. I’ve added a subplot about a small-town bad girl who gets her feelings hurt and seeks revenge by kidnapping the love interest and the daughter. This is a pretty good story. It’s like nothing that I’ve ever read in the Cowboy genre before. I started with something pretty generic and as I wrote the story became more unique.
Here are ten ideas to get you started if you don’t have any idea at all, what to write your next book or article about.
- Write about what pisses you off most. Think about the things that set your hair on fire and write a book about those things.
- Do something remarkable then write about it. The hard part here is doing the remarkable thing.
- Start a blog and write chapters one post at a time. For example, in a cooking blog, each blog could be one recipe and then in a year, you have a book.
- Create a podcast and then write a book about what you’ve learned from your podcast. If you interviewed lawyers about social justice once a week for a year at the end of a year you could write a book about what you learned from your Social Justice podcast or What you learned from your lawyer podcast.
- Ask your friends what they like reading most, and write something for them. If your friends are into a love triangle between humans and extraterrestrial vampires and werewolves then write them a book like that but give it a new twist.
- Jot down everything that makes you laugh for a week and write a story about that.
- Write about what makes you laugh hardest.
- Write about the most upsetting experience you’ve ever had.
- Write about the person who’s had the most impact on your life.
- Take photographs of your city and write about that.
This list courtesy of creative live
Some of these ideas will give you enough to write a book others you will have to carefully choose your angle to have enough shareable information to write a book. For those of you who would consider writing a magazine article, blog post, or other publishable work this is an easy list for you to dig into and write to your heart’s content. To always have something to write keep a notebook of your ideas as they come to you. Always be prepared to have an article or book idea ready you never know when a writing opportunity may present itself.
If you found this information helpful and you’d like more of my content you can join my newsletter and receive monthly information, and a complete unedited novella.
If you haven’t signed up for my blog yet be sure you do that so you don’t miss a single issue.
I enjoyed writing for you today. I hope you find this information helpful. Remember to keep a running list of writing ideas. Till next time, I love you all, goodbye.