It officially begins Thursday, July 1st.Camp NANOWRIMO is on our doorstep with all its fanfare and exciting possibilities. Will you reach your writing goal without actually going crazy? What is Camp NANOWRIMO? It’s an international writing month it happens three times a year April, July, and the big event in November. We are gearing up for the July event where you can select a personal goal to achieve writing fewer than 50,000 words or editing 50,000 words instead of writing. It’s a wonderful way to get out of the aloneness of writing and write alongside others.
NANOWRIMO is serious business, though, and you need to prepare for it. It can be stressful creating 1,640 words a day every day for a month and remember if you miss a day, that day’s word count needs to be made up another day. To win NANOWRIMO, you must be self-disciplined and lucky. It can get stressful. Let’s talk way to cut that stress off at the pass:
- If you are writing you can plan your story out before July 1st.
- Get to know your characters.
- Have an outline.
- Schedule time to write.
- Get help with chores around the house.
- Plan for days you can’t write.
Now that you’ve done everything you can do to plan, you may also feel discouraged on some days. So here are some ideas to help you out:
- Set a nice atmosphere by lighting a candle.
- Turn on some twinkle lights or set some mood lighting.
- Write out positive affirmations.
- Write a note encouraging yourself to keep going, read it when you feel like giving up.
Get ready for camp NANOWRIMO it starts July 1st, but you can sign up right away. Just go to NANOWRIMO 2021. I hope to see you there virtually. Share with me your camp goal in the comment box below. Give me a thumbs up if you like this content and think you’ll use it during Camp this year. Don’t forget to sign up to get my blog so you won’t miss any of my content.
I love you guys keep writing.