Everyone is pressed for time and getting the most out of your writing time is important. I know that for me, I want to make the most out of my writing time. I don’t want to waste time and I want to accomplish my goals every time I sit down at my computer. To accomplish that it takes some planning and some strategy, here are twenty things that help me accomplish my writing goals every time I sit down at my computer to write. These things may help you too.
- Don’t write for perfection.
- Make sure your writings effective.
- Make a date, block out time on your calendar and stick to it.
- Don’t get distracted.
- Be motivated.
- Plan plot and outline
- Reward yourself
- Spend more hours in the chair.
- Become accountable.
- Set deadlines
- Decide what you want.
- Establish word count goals.
- Use the Pomodoro technique.
- Block out the world with writing-friendly sounds.
- Clean up your desktop.
- Write with the door closed.
- Write everyday
- Stop worrying about fame and just write what’s worth writing about.
- Get over the excuses and get to work.
- Try dictating into an app like Dragon.
I do most of the things on this list I write between 1500 and 2000 words a day. I do it from my bed. The only days I don’t write are days that are reserved for family, and days that my pain is too much for me. Since I started writing in about March, I have finished one book and it is going to the editor on June 1, and have started a second book. The second book hasn’t come as easily as the first, but I still write every day. I don’t seem to struggle As some authors do. I know writing is hard and I just plod along if necessary. But when I sit down to write, I write. That’s ultimately how I stay productive.
How do you stay productive? Let’s start a conversation. Let me know your tips and tricks in the comment box below. I would love to get to know you better. Thank you for spending time with me today I appreciate it. If you haven’t signed up to get my blog post’s please take a minute to do that and like this post if you found it helpful. You can help me grow my blog by sharing this post on your social media pages. I am a new writer and I love other writers.