Have you ever given any thought to how using affirmations could help you as a writer?
What is an affirmation? An affirmation is a positive thought or phrase that is repeated in order to replace or challenge a negative thought or idea.
Do affirmations work? According to Social Cognitive Affective Neuroscience, there are suggestions of evidence that neural processors with the act of self-affirmation change the brain.
Below are twenty self-affirmations for writers
- I trust the universe. It gives me exactly what I need at exactly the right time.
- Everything works out perfectly for me. I am creating my dream life.
- I am worthy of receiving my yes. Now release everything that is not serving my highest purpose.
- I am worthy enough to follow my dreams.
- I am abundant in my finances, in happiness, and in love.
- I am creative and intelligent.
- My ideas are innovative and useful.
- I am creative and have the will to take advantage of my talents.
- Creativity flows through each cell in my body.
- I love to express myself creatively.
- I am a writer. Writing is my art.
- My writing is strengthened by constructive criticism from others and myself.
- Rejection is a valuable part of the process.
- I am creative my words flow beautifully and easily.
- I write every day with confidence and enthusiasm.
- I am devoted to my writing.
- I produce finished work.
- I am a gifted writer.
- Writing is my practice.
- Right now, I follow my inner guide and natural creative rhythm to establish a writing practice.
Writing affirmations work as a practice, but it takes between 22 and 66 days to see the full effect, and the older you are, the long it may take. For the greatest success, follow these guidelines:
- Be consistent
- Write your affirmations for 10 minutes a day
- Discover a good binaural beat (theta) to listen to when you practice your affirmations
- Use affirmations in harmony with your goals
- Listen to your affirmations before and during sleep
Have you ever used affirmations? What was the result? What is your most helpful affirmation? Leave a comment below. Don’t forget to like, subscribe, and share this blog post.
Keep writing my friends.